Nordic Soccer Club COVID 19 updates.
Effective September 4th
New Mandates for Vermont Soccer Association programs beginning September 4.
It is important to note that the new guidelines issued by The State of Vermont are issued by Executive Order of Governor Scott and must be adhered to by all Vermont sports leagues, clubs, teams, players, coaches, staff, and spectators beginning on September 4. Vermont Soccer Association and our members fall specifically under Section 9.1 Sports/Organized Sports Including Youth Leagues, Adult Leagues, Games, and Tournaments
The complete document is posted on the accdc.vermont.gov website
The #1 goal of the State of Vermont Departments of Health and Education is to get, and keep, children back in school and to ensure they remain healthy along with teachers, staff, and families.
To that end, the mandate which will be effective on September 4 requires all players, coaches, officials, staff, and spectators to wear facial coverings/masks at all times when physical distance of six feet cannot be consistently maintained, including during practices, scrimmages, games, meets, and competitions for sports that involve contact or close proximity.
Anyone with a documented medical or behavioral reason for not wearing a mask should not be required to wear one.
As we continue with the different phases of Return to Play, we ask the below of all our families:
1. Adhere to all club requests regarding:
a) - dropping off and picking up players from practise.
b) - timely response to attendance at practises.
c) - drop players off and leave.
d) - volunteering to be a chaperaone at practises (either before or after)
2. Read and follow the below responsibilities with your player:
● Ensure child is healthy, check your child’s temperature before attending a training session.
● Stay in car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
● Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training session.
● Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards etc. are sanitized before and after every training.
● Notify club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason. This is a requirement.
● Do not assist coach with equipment before or after training.
● Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every training.
● Ensure your child has plenty of water.
● If you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T. You are the only who will make the decision when your child returns to play.
● Take temperature before attending training session, if you have a temperature of 100° or higher, do not attend training session or activity.
● If you are not comfortable returning to play, DON’T.
● Adhere to all Return to Play protocols ● Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
● Bring and use, hand sanitizer with you to every training.
● Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack or bag.
● Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
● Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
● No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshakes etc.
We ask that every family please adhere to the above requests and we greatly appreciate everything that you do to get our kids back on the field with their health and safety our #1 priority!
Nordic Management and its Board of Directors continues to work on club guidelines and protocols for a successful Return to Practise. We will continue to communicate with club parents and players with details as the process evolves.
Nordic will continue to follow the lead of its governing body and will continue to work with VSA and the State of Vermont and keep you informed of any updates.
We very much appreciate your assistance, patience, and support during this time.
One Club, One Community.
Yours in Soccer,
Jim, Craig and the Nordic Team.